Before starting on these weekly videos I would recommend you do two things: first, find a journal or notebook that will allow you write down thoughts/reflections and allow you to refer back to them as necessary. Second, look at your calendar and decide on a weekly time to watch the videos and be able to plan out the homework or practice that will be suggested each week. Regular rhythms are a keystone of these practices so it’s good to get in the habit of reflecting on our patterns and planning ahead at the same time each week.
Before you watch this video, take a brief moment to reflect on these questions:
- How would you describe spiritual growth?
- Is it something we do?
- Something we believe?
- Something we need to receive from God?
- Do you agree with the assumptions of the project (that spirituality is essentially a skill set)?
- What skills do you think are involved?
- What skills do you think you are proficient in and which would you like to grow in?
- What is one spiritual practice or skill you’d like to begin growing in?
- When will you be able to practice this new thing?
- Why do you think growing in this skill will be beneficial for you?
- Write this down in your journal and keep notes on how it is going.